Big Bash League is going to start from 5th December, it will be really exciting to see the teams fighting hard for lifting the Big Bash League trophy. The matches will be played in the same avenues like MCG, SCG, Perth, Oval, etc. The auctions are completed and all the teams are looking good on paper, most of the teams relied on their former players and captains by re-signing them.
The 8 team tournament is played in the double round-robin format same like the Indian Premier League. However, there is a change in the playoff system from the past year. In BBL top 5 teams are selected for the playoffs.
There are different matches which are played in between these 5 teams for reaching the finals.
Teams placed on number 4 and 5 face each other in the ‘Eliminator’ the winner reaches the next step and face the team placed on number three in the ‘knock-out’ and the teams who finished on number one and two play ‘Qualifier’, the winning team in the ‘qualifier’ directly goes to final and the team that lost faces the winner of ‘knock-out’ in ‘Challenger’. Now the winner of ‘qualifier’ and winner of ‘Challenger’ will face each other in the finals.
All the 8 teams are well-deserving candidates for the finals, predicting the top 5 among them is really a big task but our experts are here with predictions with deep analysis about the squads and past performances.
- Perth Scorchers – The Previous year’s runner-ups are great with their batting and bowling performances, like we saw last season how much capable they are in turning the situations in their favor.
With bowlers like Jhye Richardson and Andrew tye, the team is looking perfect in the bowling section. The franchise showed confidence in Ashton Turner he is the captain for this season too. If we talk about batting then the Perth side has one of the best batting lineups in the world batters like Colin Munro, John Inglis, Ashton Agar are some of the best-known names across the world in t20 format. The Australian all-rounder star Mitchell Marsh is there to support the team in both batting and bowling aspects.
- Sydney Sixers – The previous year’s champions are likely to emerge as champions in this season too. The team is looking good on papers after the auctions.
Josh Phillipe, Mickey Edwards, Moses Henriques will be the key factors in batting. The franchise has invested more in its bowlers and all-rounders like- Carlos Braithwaite, Daniel Christian, Jack Edwards.
- Sydney Thunder – Another team from Sydney city is also a very big contender for this year’s KFC Big Bash League season 11, this team has some of the biggest cricket players from the world.
Usman Khwaja, Ben Cutting, Jonathan Cook, and Alex Hales are some batters that can ask tough questions from bowlers. If we talk about the bowling aspect the team has great bowlers like Daniel Sams, Chris Tremain, Tanveer Sangha. Usman Khwaja will be seen leading the team as captain.
- Hobart Hurricanes – This team was among the top 5 table-toppers last season, however, things didn’t go well for them in the last. The team is likely to become champions this year.
The squad is looking amazing with Australian Keeper batsman Matthew Wade as the captain. The team has a good balance of batters and bowlers. Nathan Ellis, D’ Arcy Short, Peter Hnadscomb will be leading the batting attack of Hobart Hurricanes, and Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith will lead the bowling attack for them.
If you are looking for a stable team with high chances of winning BBL 11 you should definitely place your wagers on Hobart Hurricanes.
- Adelaide Strikers – This team started well in the last season of the KFC Big Bash League. This year with some changes in the squad this team is very likely to put on a great show for the fans.
With players like Wes Agar, Travis Head(C), Alex Carey the team is looking good from the batting side. For economic and attacking bowling they have Peter Siddle, Fawad Ahmed and also there is a huge plus for them this year as the franchise has signed Rashid khan for this season, this will empower the bowling attack for the Strikers.
If you are interested in Online Cricket betting you can choose any of the above-mentioned teams for your BBL betting, for other details regarding BBL betting you can check our website.
Odds for this year’s BBL is already out you can have a look on Big Bash League Betting sites for the best BBL future odds and can earn huge real cash.