After whitewashing New Zealand 3-0 in the ODI series; the Indian team faced a big defeat in the first game of the T20i series. All the focus will now shift toward the second one which will be played on January 29th, Sunday. The second t20 will take place at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow, at 07:00 PM. You can watch the live game on the Disney+ Hotstar mobile application and Star Sports Network.
To know more about expert opinion and detailed match prediction keep reading:
|Match: India vs New Zealand, 2nd T20 2023
Date and Time: January 29th 2023, 7:00 pm IST.
Venue: Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow.
Live Streaming: Disney+ Hotstar and Star Sports Network
Winner: New Zealand
India vs New Zealand Betting Odds:
|PLAY NOW||PLAY NOW||PLAY NOW|
Top 3 India vs New Zealand Prediction & Analysis:
All the preparations failed completely after the Kiwis defeated the home team. This was their first win after 3 consecutive defeats for the New Zealand side and there are high chances that they might win for the second time.
Our Top 3 Match Predictions for Ind vs New Zealand 1st T20i
#PREDICTION 1 – NEW ZEALAND TO WIN THE GAME
Why will NZ win?
- The NZ team is known for making a comeback and they can bounce back and defeat India in the 2nd t20i.
- The new Indian side is full of young players, all seniors are rested for the T20is. The Kiwis can capitalise over this inexperience bowling and batting.
- Another main reason for NZ’s win will be their T20 specialist batters. The team is full with specialist batters like – Fin Allen, T Latham, Devon Conway, and Mark Chapman.
#PREDICTION 2 – FIN ALLEN TO BE NEW ZEALAND’S TOP BATTER
- Fin is known for his fearless batting and positive intent while playing t20 cricket. He is the only batter in the squad who has a strike of more than 160.
- The 23 year old has 567 runs in 25 innings.
#PREDICTION 3 – L FERGUSON TO BE THE TOP BOWLER
- With the absence of Boult and Southee, Lockie Ferguson is leading NZ’s bowling attack. Known for his extra pace and bounce we can expect him to take important wickets in this game.
- The right arm pacer has dominated the short format with 41 wickets in just 28 games with an economy of just 7.37.
India vs New Zealand Toss Prediction:
A total of 5 T20 games have been played at this venue and teams batting first have won all the games.
According to our experienced cricket experts, New Zealnad is more likely to win the toss and elect to bat first.
The boundaries of Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium are not that huge and the outfield is quite fast as well. Therefore, the batters will once more have a good batting surface. The black soil on this pitch will benefit the pacers in the opening overs. Swing movements are also possible because of the weather. It will be difficult for spinners to find a good length and suitable area to bowl.
Weather at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow on 29th of February is predicted to be cloudy and there are chances of rain showers in the second half. The weather will be cold with the temperature ranging from maximum 16°C to 13°C
- Temperature: 16°C to 13°C
- Precipitation: 17%
- Humidity: 76%
- Wind: 3 km/h
India Probable Playing XI
Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw, Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Deepak Hooda, Kuldeep Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Arshdeep Singh, U Malik
New Zealand Probable Playing XI
Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner (C), Devon Conway, Michael Bracewell, D Mitchell, Lockie Ferguson, Glenn Phillips, B Tickner, J Duffy, Ish Sodhi.
This game is very important for both sides. The Indian side will try to win this game and survive in the 3 match series whereas New Zealand will try to win the game and get a 2-0 lead.
According to our experts’ predictions, New Zealand will win in this upcoming fixture and will win the series.